Thursday 22 May 2008

Tom Cruise tells Oprah he wants more challenges

Tom Cruise tells Oprah he wants more challenges











Windy City (Reuters) - Hollywood's stars paid tribute to Tom Cruise on Monday's Oprah Winfrey television demo, with the actor saying he hoped for more challenging roles and to mold with the likes of Al Pacino and Henry M. Robert DeNiro.


In the irregular of 2 interviews with Cruise, Winfrey aired highlights since the actor's breakthrough function 25 days in 1983's "Risky Clientele," including a ostensibly death-defying stunt from "Missionary post: Impossible 2" in which a bare-chested Cruise leaps across a rocky drop.


Cruise said he dangled from a thin wire during quaternion years of shooting the view.


The film clips were interspersed with videotaped congratulations from a long lineup of celebrity friends and co-stars, including actors Testament Bessie Smith, Dustin Hoffman, and Renee Zellweger, film director Steven Steven Spielberg, soccer participant Saint David Beckham and his married woman, Victoria.


Cruise repaid the compliments in full, locution he hoped to work with "so many" other actors, among them Pacino and De Niro.


"I'm actually surprised how a lot I've accomplished," the 45-year-old histrion said, responding to an hearing member's question around whether he had done everything he set out to do.


"I feel actually privileged to do what I do, and I give thanks you for allowing me to entertain you," he said. "As you go along, you recall, 'how can I save challenging myself even to a greater extent?'


"I finger at home plate on that flick set. A lot of times I show up up before the crew. And I feel this is what I'm supposed to do."